FW: Problem contracts

Subject: FW: Problem contracts
From: Alan Burke <aburke -at- HRGATE -dot- GC -dot- LUCENT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 14:13:00 EST

If you stop and think about it - it is rather scary to read these kind
of comments!! I wonder if your company, John, thought that they had to
do that to "cover" the admin. costs associated with the "time" spent in
the bidding "contest?" Or was it to just do business with a "guaranteed"
paying vendor?? :) Just kiding - No offense intended!!!!!!

From one who has worked on active duty and as a civilian in the military,
it was ALWAYS scary for us to realize that we may trust our lives with
equipment and things that were built by the lowest bidder. I'd hate to
be a pilot - knowing that I'm flying something that was built by a
company that was the lowest bidder, albeit several hundred millions or
even billions of dollars. :) Your right, a hammer does start looking
pretty good at this point!!

Alan Burke
Tech Writer Contractor
currently @ Lucent Technologies