Re: Zip Drive

Subject: Re: Zip Drive
From: John Lord <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:56:42 -0800

There is a new version of the Zip drive (ZIP Plus) available ($199 in the
US) which has both Parallel and SCSI ports. This works well in a variety of
situations, for example, when files need to be exchanged between PCs and
Macs.

At 10:18 AM 1/13/98 +1100, Michael Lewis wrote:
>Tracy Boyington wrote:
>
>> We use Zip drives and find them quite handy. However, if you use a
>> printer connected to a parallel port, there are compatability problems
>> with some models -- I believe these are addressed on the Iomega web site
>> (which is probably at iomega.com).
>
>The easy way to avoid any compatibility problems is to acquire the SCSI
>version of the ZIP drive, rather than the parallel port version. You can
>also get a PCMCIA SCSI card to connect the ZIP to a notebook.
>--
>Michael Lewis
>Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia
>PO Box 1249, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012
>Tel +61-2-9310-2224 ... Fax +61-2-9310-5056

John Lord Manager of Technical Publications
mailto:jlord -at- livingston -dot- com Lucent Technologies
http://www.livingston.com Pleasanton, California.