Re: Screen Capture questions

Subject: Re: Screen Capture questions
From: Walter Jones <WalterJ -at- TRITECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 12:17:34 -0800

I used to use Hijaak and Paint Shop Pro to capture a lot of screen shots
on NT4, but since I did not use their advanced functions very much it
became a waste of time. I now use Alt+Print Scrn and then save them as
.BMPs, like you do. This is a very efficient method.

Those other programs have the advantage of being able to save in many
different formats, and easily capture standard menus, option menus, and
individual icons and screen elements. The .WMF file format is nice
because the file size is usually a lot smaller, although you can't go
back and edit the picture very well. Hijaak lets you do some advanced
picture manipulations like trace, brightness, dithering, and rotation
that you can't do in PaintBrush. The bad thing is that in Hijaak you
can't actually edit or alter the picture like drawing, erasing and
moving. You can in Paint Shop Pro, although their export to .WMF is a
little funky.

I often have to manipulate some of the things in the captures, so in the
past I use to capture it with Hijaak, paste it into PaintBrush, edit the
picture, paste it back into Hijaak and save it as a .WMF. It's a lot
quicker for me now to just use the method you described.

--
Walter Jones
American TriTech