Re: Proud STC Member

Subject: Re: Proud STC Member
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 10:06:09 -0500

Like Tim said...
STC was of tremendous help to me when I made the shift ten years
ago from business analyst to tech writer...one reason I'm active now is
out of a sense of "giving something back."
Now I do the programs for our chapter, which is sometimes a
nuisance but gives me a chance to (1) bring in speakers on topics *I'm*
interested in <G> and (2) do my bit to upgrade tech writers' skill sets
and knowledge of what a tech comm should be.

Mary

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)
durl -at- buffnet -dot- net

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Tim Altom wrote:

> snip...
> When I entered this profession full-time years ago, my path was made much
> smoother with the help and encouragement of STC members. I've never known a
> more helpful bunch of people....
...>