Adobe Distiller converting files to greyscale?

Subject: Adobe Distiller converting files to greyscale?
From: Brian Lightfoot <blightfo -at- POSITRONFIBER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:40:48 -0500

Hi!

Does anyone know why Adobe Distiller may be converting my documents to
greyscale?

I have a typical document in Word (appearing with color graphics) which
I print to a *.prn file. Then I use Distiller to convert it to a PDF.
When I view the PDF, the document is greyscale.

I know that it's not my PDF reader or anything like this because when I
print straight to a PDF from Word, the PDF appears in color

I have no idea why it's doing this. I have used all three forms of
color conversion from the Job Options item.

It also never used to do this.

Any ideas?
Thanks...
Brian Lightfoot