What is a TW?

Subject: What is a TW?
From: David Manney <dmanney -at- BABSON-BROS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:57:16 -0600

This may sound somewhat trivial, but I could really could use a good
answer. Our company is in the midst of restructuring and the silliest
argument came up. What really defines a TW?

My department manager would like to believe that a good, experience TW
would be able to look at a pile of components and intuitively know how to
assemble and then operate a given product, then write the appropriate
instructions.

It's been my experience, albeit not as long as most, that that is not the
case. I need to learn about something before I'm able to write about it. I
mean, how would I already know about something that hasn't existed yet?

Who is more accurate?

Any/all responses are appreciated.

Regards,
David Manney