Win-Mac Online Help Development Tools

Subject: Win-Mac Online Help Development Tools
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 18:03:07 -0800

My company develops Macintosh software, but is introducing NT versions of
its products later this year. Presently we do not provide online help with
our applications, but are considering it. After looking at HTML based
online help, we've decided that we need to develop help using an authoring
tool like AppleGuide or RoboHelp. We want to produce online help for both
platforms in one process, so we would like to find a single authoring tool
for both Mac and NT platforms. Second best would be a conversion utility
that would allow us to recompile help files for the other platform.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? I would also
appreciate any advice you can give about developing online help for both
Mac and Windows environments. Thanks much.

- Tony