retainer & contract

Subject: retainer & contract
From: Marilyn O'Leary <moleary -at- LSUVM -dot- SNCC -dot- LSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 07:52:51 -0600

Help techwr-lers: I have been asked to serve a shipyard with seven
separate yards. They want a combination of services that range from news
releases (public relations) to technical documents. I would have to travel
among the yards and headquarters but would be able to do my writing at
home. They want a proposal for me to do this via contract work and via
retainer. I have no idea where to start. I have always worked full time
for one firm. I would welcome any input anyone can give, on or off line.
Thank you. Marilyn

Marilyn Barrett O'Leary
Louisiana Sea Grant College Program
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA
moleary -at- lsuvm -dot- sncc -dot- lsu -dot- edu