STC Job listings

Subject: STC Job listings
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:06:57 -0800

Recently I posted the fact that STC job listings are available to members
and non-members alike. Several people sent me email to mention chapters
that don't follow this policy.

Today I spoke with STC executive director Bill Stolgitis on another matter,
and I mentioned these reports. He replied that this is a written STC
policy, but that chapters seem to "forget."

The average length of STC membership is 2.5 years, he informed me, and new
leadership often plunges into these things without understanding society
policy. "Time for another article in Tieline [the magazine for STC
volunteer leaders]," he said.

If you belong to one of these rogue chapters, tell your officers to check
the policy for themselves. STC is not a union -- it's a 501(c)(3)
educational, scientific, and charitable organization. Its goals are to
advance technical communication, not to benefit the organization or its
members. ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net> Berkeley, CA
Review Editor, IEEE Micro

(C) Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.