Odd question regarding portfolios

Subject: Odd question regarding portfolios
From: Lisa Woods <mwtobe -at- IO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:44:27 -0600

This may sound like a flaky question. If so, please forgive me, as I am
a neophyte to technical writing. I have been following the discussion
of portfolios with some interest, and have noticed several writers
expressing the desire to protect sensitive material from scrutiny by
ouside persons.

My question then is this: If one had produced an example of writing
containing sensitive information which displayed one's ability to
manipulate graphics, layout, etc. (especially using a requisite
program), would it be acceptable to replace the proprietary information
with some other text?

I have seen this done in some manuals, in which the author wishes to
highlight technique and replaces the original text of the sample with
the Declaration of Independence, for example.

Thanks.

Lisa