[no subject]

From: "Papa, Amy" <PapaA -at- COMCELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:55:18 -0500

Hi, there. Desperately need some suggestions....
I am attempting to organize my (MIS) department's project documentation
into some standard format so that I can provide all of the people (not
tech writers, BTW) who are documenting with a "bank" of templates. I
want to provide them with a checklist of documents that will need to be
completed for every new application deployment on our network.
It gets even more complicated-- I want to use the same outline formats
to document our applications that have been created by the developers
here as well as purchased/customized software (I don't want to confuse
them with more than one "documentation package").
So far, I have been trying to formulate a list of documents for each of
the following project phases:

-Concept (including items like Business Case Analysis, Req. for
Proposal)
-Plan (Implementation Strategy, Project Plan, etc)
-Build (System Reference)
-Test (Test Plan)
-Pilot (???)
-Deploy (all Training, Troubleshooting, Installation, Support, User/Help
Guides)

I would appreciate suggestions from anyone who has a list of "standard"
documents that they use to accomplish this feat. I am working from
scratch here-- there are no established standards-- and I'm on a
deadline. Could really use some help.
Thanks,
Amy Papa
Comcast Cellular Communications, Inc.