Re: Top Resume and Cover Letter Pet Peeves

Subject: Re: Top Resume and Cover Letter Pet Peeves
From: Janet Manry <bioedit -at- CONCENTRIC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 08:23:52 -0600

Jim Grey wrote:

>4. I realize this one's entirely personal preference, but I'm always
>relieved to see someone avoid Times New Roman and Arial in a printed
>resume and letter. It's stunning how many applicants use these tired
>typefaces.

I don't like these typefaces either, but they are the only typefaces I've
found to be completely compatible between PC and Mac versions of Word and
Pagemaker.

I have a Mac, and when I need to send a document to someone with a PC and
it's important that it arrives the way I actually wrote it (almost
always), without any substitutions and with all special characters
intact, I use these two typefaces.

Does anyone know of any alternatives?

Janet Manry, M.S.
Technical Writer for Biology