Font Peeves

Subject: Font Peeves
From: Barry House <bhouse -at- CREATIVE-HOUSE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:31:02 -0600

Chuck Martin wrote:

>Times (and its related ilk): whoever thought of using a font designed to
>withstand the rigors of high-speed printing on poor quality paper and
>still be readable while taking up minimal space for top-quality business
>correspondence ought to be sentenced to forever reading every document
>they ever see in 6-point Times.

I learn something every day I read this list. If Times is a bad font for
business correspondence, what's a preferred font?

What about body copy for a manual--what fonts are preferred there?

Barry House
The Creative House--Helping Businesses Communicate
P.O. Box 523
Pittsfield, IL 62363
217-285-2900
217-285-2950 Fax