Re: Font Peeves

Subject: Re: Font Peeves
From: Debbie Molinaro <debbiem -at- UCS -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 09:00:48 -0500

John Wilcox wrote:
>P.S. I think Bookman looks horrible. It's the only body font that
>jumps out at me when I see it. It gets in the way of the content. When
>I open a book written in Times, Schoolbook, Palatino, or just about
>anything else, I don't notice right away what the font is. But as soon
>as I open a book written in Bookman, I can't help thinking, "Yuck.
>Bookman."

I have an entirely different reaction to Bookman. To me, it looks more user
friendly and therefore inviting. It makes arduous material seem more
accessible. This is my opinion.
Clearly this discussion shows that font preference is highly personal, like
wardrobe and color preferences. Hopefully it won't increase paranoia about
font selection. Perhaps Times/TNR and Arial are appealing because they seem
safe, like gray suits.

Debbie

Debbie Molinaro
debbiem -at- ucs -dot- net