Re: Intranets

Subject: Re: Intranets
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- DUKANE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 09:44:09 -0600

Debra said:

>(snip)
>I have also been charged with setting up a plan for placing new and legacy
>manuals on an intranet. New manuals are in Frame 5.1. Old manuals are in
>Ventura 4.2. We have a copy of Adobe Acrobat (Distiller) and are getting a
>copy of FrontPage. We run WindowsNT on Pentium PC connected to a network
>server. We will have a separate server for the Intranet. I'm new to the
>concept of Intranets. If anyone has specific suggestions or a list of
>resources to recommend, I would be extremely grateful.
>(snip)

Becky responded:

(snip)
>The Ventura files present a different set of challenges. If
>you can convert Ventura to WORD, you can go from WORD to HTML. I
>haven't used Ventura, so I don't know what success you will have there.
(snip)

Debra, if you've got Distiller, you can easily convert your Ventura 4.2
files to PDF format. Just print them to a postscript file, then use
Distiller to convert the file to PDF. I've done it many times with no
problem. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions on doing
this.

Cindy
cmetzger -at- dukane -dot- com