Re: Looking for Advise...

Subject: Re: Looking for Advise...
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:40:21 -0800

CHRIS AND JOE CUNDIFF -
> I have to eventually take at least one programming
> language. I was interested on any thoughts to which would be the most
> adventageous to take for technical writing?

JAVA Java java! It's not going to go away. It's somewhat like C, in
that learning one structured language will make it easier for you to
understand another. It's in high demand right now.

If you have time to learn another, learn C++. A lot of current
development is done in C and C++, and it's worth your while to
understand them.

Learning things like Visual Basic is a good idea, but to me VB doesn't
really qualify as a full programming language, any more than HTML
qualifies as a real programming language.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems