QUESTION: FrontPage vs. RoboHTML

Subject: QUESTION: FrontPage vs. RoboHTML
From: "Megan E. McMacken" <mcmackme -at- FRC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:56:44 -0500

I'm designing and writing content for a touchscreen online help system.
Right now those of us who are responsible for creating content are using
FrontPage 98. It works, but it's just an HTML editor and it isn't all that
user-friendly or reliable. I had a CD with an evaluation copy of RoboHTML,
but I don't know what happened to it so I can't install it and experiment
with it.

My question is this: FrontPage was designed to create websites, not HTML
Help. From what I've heard, RoboHTML was designed to create HTML help for a
PC environment. What experience have you had with both programs? I need to
use frames; does RoboHTML implement those easily? Does RoboHTML have any
advantages over a "typical" HTML editor like FrontPage? Does RoboHTML have
any tools or functions, such as tracking revisions, that make it easier for
a human editor to edit content in the files? (Right now it looks like our
human editor will be working from printouts of the content files, which
isn't a bad idea except that FrontPage prints only page titles at the top of
each page, not file names, and that makes it tricky for the writers to go
back and open the right files to make corrections per her edits.)

Thanks for any feedback from anyone who is using or has used these programs
to create HTML Help.

Regards,
Megan

Megan E. McMacken
Electronic Documentation
FANUC Robotics North America, Inc.
email: megan -dot- mcmacken -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com