Re: Info Overload

Subject: Re: Info Overload
From: Sue Ellen Adkins <sea -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 08:15:01 -0800

I use Eudora 3.0 Pro for email. When I tried a digest, I didn't know what
to expect. I was pleasantly surprised by the how it does it. The digest is
one message with an icon for the contents at the bottom of the message.
Clicking on the icon expands the digest into what acts like a mailbox. Each
message is just that, a separate message. When I delete a message from the
digest, the digest becomes a mailbox.

IMHO, Eudora makes using the digest version painless.

I get the "digest" version of this subscriber list--because I previously
missed more important e-mail that seemed to get buried in the tons of
individual mail from this list--but the digest is so huge it's hard
to...uh...digest! Scrolling through these huge mailings to find subjects
listed on page one is pretty inefficient. Printing the digest wastes way
too much paper. Having digest subjects linked to the topics could help
someday, but does anyone have any suggestions for handling this enormous
amount of often-useful info until a better way of presenting it evolves?

Sue Ellen Adkins mailto:sea -at- netcom -dot- com