Subject: Summary: Style manuals
From: Greg Emil <gemil -at- DAZEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:51:03 -0600

All,

As always on this list, I received many replies to
my request for help, and am very grateful to everyone
who wrote. Thanks!!!

Specifically, I was looking for a commercially-available
style manual that addresses both MS and UNIX environments.
Of the eight responses, six included a recommendation for
the Sun style manual:

"Read Me First: A Style Guide for the Computer Industry"
Sun Technical Publications, ISBN 0-13-455347-0

Two other manuals were recommended:

"Wired Style" from HardWired (www.wired.com).
I plan to look at this one.

"Macintosh Human Interface Guidelines" from Apple.
This is targeted at developers, but is available on-line
and looks delicious.

<devworld.apple.com/ngs/lpp/adrpub/docs/dev/techsupport/insidemac/HIGuidelin
es/HIGuidelines-2.html>

Thanks again!
-gee

Greg Emil, Senior Writer v: 512.494.7334
DAZEL Corporation f: 512.494.7394
301 Congress Avenue e: gee -at- dazel -dot- com
Austin, Texas 78701 q: "If it's in stock...we've got it!"