Job Posting - Dallas, Texas

Subject: Job Posting - Dallas, Texas
From: Rebecca Carr <rebecca -at- WHITE -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 18:43:03 -0600

2-2-98

All subscribers:

TI offers exceptional working conditions in a terrific team environment.
Contracting positions can be long term. I've been here 8 years and
there are others who have been here longer! Please do not send your
resumes to me, but to the addresses listed at the bottom of the post.

JOB POSTING

Texas Instruments Incorporated is currently seeking full-time contract
technical writers for 12+ month contracts. TI is especially looking for
high-energy, enthusiastic self-starters who can take on a project and
follow it through with minimal supervision.

Job Environment: These positions require you to live in the Dallas area
and work onsite because we stress ownership of our documents and a close
working relationship with our product groups. Working offsite some of the
time may be possible at a later date, but not initially.

Job Duties: To produce a variety of manuals, data sheets, and user guides
for leading-edge digital products by working closely with specific
product groups. These documents will be distributed as hard copy and online.

Skill Requirements:

-Some semiconductor and/or telecommunications knowledge.
DSP knowledge a plus.

-Experience writing and organizing a large volume of technical information
into highly structured documents

-Superior written communication skills.
Good editing skills a plus.

-Superior organizational ability

-Strong initiative and ability to work without supervision

-Commitment to producing quality documentation within a critical
time frame

-Ability to understand the documentation and development process

-Interleaf, FrameMaker experience on UNIX, MS Word; PC skills

Minimum Education:

-Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
If degree is in a non-related field, applicable experience in related
field is REQUIRED.

-Recent engineering and computer science graduates who can write and who
fulfill a majority of the requirements above are encouraged to apply.

Please submit letter of interest (writing samples are appreciated now,
but not required until interview) and resume to:

T.L Hayes
c/o Texas Instruments Incorporated
8505 Forest Lane, MS 8711
Dallas, Texas 75243

FAX: 972-480-4011

OR

send a Word, .pdf, or .rtf file to:
thayes1 -at- ti -dot- com
2-2-98

TI offers exceptional working conditions in a terrific team environment.
Contracting positions are often long term. I've been here 8 years and