Re: macron and underdot?

Subject: Re: macron and underdot?
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:09:35 -0600

In our previous episode, Mark Halpern said:

> Colleagues,
>
> Is there any readily available font for a user of Windows 95 and Word
> 7 that includes the diacritical marks "macron" and "underdot", or offers
> alphabetic characters already provided with such marks?

You can fake both of these with one of the eq field code options. I
think it's /o (overtype). You can use it to make two characters
overtype each other, and use a different field code to raise or lower
the dash or period as needed to create the character. The only
problem I found when I did this is that a field code in the middle of
a word isn't considered part of a word for line break purposes, so you
may have to do some manual diddling with soft or hard returns to make
sure nothing untoward happens.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"The pantry seems entirely full of Woodvilles
And Clarence has drunk two-thirds of the cellar
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford