Re: Getting My Thesis on Passives

Subject: Re: Getting My Thesis on Passives
From: "Margaret L. FalerSweany" <mfsweany -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 23:18:01 -0500

Several of you have asked for how to get my thesis. If you
are lucky enough to have access to interlibrary loan
services, a paper copy is in the Colorado State University
Morgan Library. However, I don't know if it survived the
flood ($28 million in damages and much of the library's
collection is frozen, awaiting drying.) The thesis is about
100 pages including bibliography.

I'd be happy to provide an electronic copy. Unfortunately,
there may be two problems: First, I use Office 97 which
makes it difficult to attach documents unless you have O97
or the appropriate converter/viewer on your end. Second, I
wrote (typed?) it in WordStar and tipped it into an old
version of Latex. It will need to be converted to something
"modern." I should be able to convert to PDF format and
make it available-most likely via the web. As soon as I
have it ready, I'll post something about how to get it.

Margaret FalerSweany
Rhetoric & Technical Communication
Humanities, WAHC 319
Michigan Technological University