Re: Online Help "Click" vs. "Press"

Subject: Re: Online Help "Click" vs. "Press"
From: Mary Nurminen <manurmin -at- TRE -dot- TELE -dot- NOKIA -dot- FI>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 10:07:29 +0200

I learned my lesson on this when my daughter, aged 7, was in playing with some
drawing tool on our home computer. I was in the other room and she yelled out
with some question on how to do something, which I knew there was a button for.
I yelled back, "Press that button on top of the drawing area!" and went back to
what I was doing.

In 2 minutes she yelled again, "It's not doing anything!!" I finally went into
the room to find her with her fingers all over the screen, trying to physically
press the buttons, and saying, "Look! nothing happens."

I guess 'click' is a little more exact of a description of what you're doing.

mary