Re: Word 97 and 95

Subject: Re: Word 97 and 95
From: Jean Weber <jean_weber -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:47:22 -0500

I keep both Word 95 and Word 97 on my machine
and use the one that seems best for the task. I've had
no trouble with them co-existing. I mostly avoid file
compatibility problems by not moving files between
the two. You can get filters from the Microsoft download
site (if they're not on your Office 97 CD) that will move
most files between the two versions of Word, but some
things won't convert properly (mostly when going from
97 to 95 -- yes, the file formats on all Office 97 programs
is different from Office 95 formats).

Make sure the version of Office 97 you get has the
Service Release-1 Update applied.

I recommend you subscribe to Woody's Office Watch
(a very helpful free weekly newsletter which give you
all the dirt -- and the fixes -- on many Office issues,
including SR-1) at mailto:wow -at- wopr -dot- com

and/or the Word-PC listserv at
mailto:mxserver -at- ufobi2 -dot- uni-forst -dot- gwdg -dot- de

In my opinion, Word 97's definitely worth a try -- but
don't give up your copy of Word 95 yet.

Can't help you with RoboHelp questions.

Jean