Re: Summary: typing speed and voice recognition

Subject: Re: Summary: typing speed and voice recognition
From: Leslie McKendry-Smith <McKendrySmith -at- MBNET -dot- MB -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 17:45:21 -0600

Dave Whelan wrote:
>I have some reservations. One is cost: until recently systems were
>prohibitively expensive. Another is accuracy: I have a low, soft voice, not
>good for electronic speech recognition.

You might find that your Britsh accent causes you some difficulty as well.
(For everyone elses benefit, I'm not clairvoyant; I know Dave.)

>I have now ordered a low-cost trial system and expect delivery
>next week. If there is sufficient interest, I will report my findings to the
>list in due course.

I'm sure that a lot of people will be interested in your trial. I'd also
like to suggest that you submit you findings to our STC chapter newsletter
editor. Our newsletter is sent to several other chapters who might also be
interested in articles on new technology trials.

Leslie

Leslie McKendry-Smith mckendry -at- mbnet -dot- mb -dot- ca
Documents OnLine Technical Writing Services
http://www.mbnet.mb.ca/~mckendry/doconlin/