Re: CHAT: More Great Moments in Error Messages

Subject: Re: CHAT: More Great Moments in Error Messages
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 22:26:51 -0800

> child killed: bus error
>
>I got this when indexing my mail messages -- don't know whether it's
>from my mailer, the indexing package, or the OS, but it ranks right
>up there with my all-time favourites

Unix provides an endless source of delight for those of us with the right
peculiarities of mind. If you give the "make" program an argument it
doesn't understand, it replies "Don't know how to make . . ." -- leading
to such error messages as

Don't know how to make love.

Don't know how to make money.

Don't know how to make sense.

They can be pretty funny if you're in the right mood. ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net>
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

(C) Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.