The last Time(s)

Subject: The last Time(s)
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 20:19:14 -0600

Bruce Byfield responded to my previous comments on Times,
and I promise this will be my last word on the subject.
Well, for today, leastwise! <grin>

<<The difference seems to be that I don't see much value in
the familiar. I may be wrong, but your comments seem to
suggest that you value the familiar over the functional.On
the other hand, I prefer the functional over the
familiar.>>

I can see how you'd take that meaning, as I may not have
been as clear as I'd like. No, what I intended was to say
that familiar is often functional purely because it's
familiar. So we agree on this point at least.

<<And thanks, by the way, for a very interesting
discussion. Trying to answer you is certainly clarifying my
own ideas and assumptions for me - as well as allowing me
to see another viewpoint).>>

Ditto here.