Re: Who or Whom?

Subject: Re: Who or Whom?
From: David Dvorkin <dvorkin -at- BOLIX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 14:31:23 -0700

>Then, would it be:
>"Give the book to whomever."
>?

Well, that's a different example, because in this example,
the pronoun isn't the subject of a clause.

But I'd avoid that construction because, to my mind, "whoever"
by itself isn't meaningful. It has to refer to something.

David Dvorkin
Qualix Group, Inc., Boulder Development Center
2955 Valmont Rd., Ste. 310 * Boulder, Colorado 80301
mailto:dvorkin -at- qualix -dot- com * 303-247-1439