Re: Graphic display problems in PDF files

Subject: Re: Graphic display problems in PDF files
From: Hans Lonissen <lonis -at- EURONET -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 22:52:28 +0100

Mark Bicking wrote:

> We recently built our first PDF files from books built using FrameMaker 5.5.
> It works like a charm, with one notable exception: in some cases, the screen
> images are "fuzzy" and distorted. The zoom feature only makes the problem
> worse.

Hi Mark,

You've got two problems with almost the same solution, I guess. I think
it's in the Menu Distiller > Job Options > Compression Tab. Take a good
look at the settings on both machines, especially at the graphics
settings. I think the big files come from low compression and the fuzzy
images from high compression.
Hope this works.
--
Hans Lonissen, SIG / PALGA
Tel: +31 30 2345 184 / Fax: +31 30 2345 199 / home: +31 10 465 79 04