Frame to RTF news

Subject: Frame to RTF news
From: Lydia Wong <lydiaw -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:02:12 -0500

(This is a copy of a message I posted to the Frame Users forum last week.
Sorry for the cross-posting, but the same topic has come up in this group,
so I thought I'd share with everyone.)

I have just returned from the WinWriters Conference in Seattle with some
great news for those of us who move FrameMaker files to RTF for Windows
online help.

Quadralay's WebWorks is coming out with a new version in the next 1-2 months
(version 4, I think). Not only will it upgrade its Frame->HTML support, it
will also offer Frame->RTF support. Similar to its HTML conversion, the RTF
conversion will provide a Windows interface that lets you map Frame styles
to RTF styles.

The beta for the new WebWorks should be available on the Quadralay web site
in the next few weeks. A representative from Quadralay who talked to us at
the conference says to expect a pretty stable beta, and that the final
release of the new version should follow about six weeks after the beta
release.

Alternatively, many users of Omni Systems MIF to RTF filter also continued
to highly praise both the product and the services that Omni Systems
provide, so if you are looking for only RTF conversion in a less expensive
product, you might look at their product as well.

You can get to Quadralay's web site at www.quadralay.com, and I believe Omni
Systems is at www.omsys.com.

(I do not work for either Omni Systems or Quadralay--I just wanted to get
the word out!)

Lydia Wong
Technical Writer
FarPoint Technologies, Inc.