TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Job Posting in Georgia From:Monica Ojendyk <vitaltd -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM> Date:Tue, 17 Feb 1998 12:40:23 -0500
Vital Processing Services, LLC, has an immediate opening for a new or
experienced technical writer in the credit card processing industry. Vital
is a joint venture between Total System Services and Visa. The position is
located in Columbus, Georgia. Vital offers an excellent benefits package,
including 401K, stock purchase, profit sharing and tuition reimbursement.
Following is a description of the primary duties of the entry level
position. Please e-mail resume to Monica Ojendyk, vitaltd -at- mindspring -dot- com or
fax to (706) 644-1559. Serious inquiries, only please!
JOB TITLE: Technical Writer I
· Writes assigned sections of procedural and reference documentation.
· Writes and edits Information Bulletins to communicate changes to Client base.
· Assists other writers, when necessary, to complete their projects.
Assists in peer edits.
· Reviews and compiles editorial changes to document sections.
· Attends technical, industry, writing and system training to develop
bankcard, technical writing and Vital system proficiency.
· Works as a team to review quality of documentation, including consistency,
accuracy and ease of use by Client.
· 4+ year degree
Areas of study/degree: Business, Communications, Education, English,
Journalism, Languages, Liberal Arts, Technical Communication.
Other areas of study or degree considered on individual basis or equivalent
· Master's degree in any of the above.
· Strong writing skills
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Strong verbal skills
· Interviewing and interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Ability to type using the QWERTY keyboard
· Technical proficiency in the use of PC's and word processing software
· Graphics, layout and design skills or experience
· Editing skills or experience
· Technical proficiency in use of PC's and in desktop publishing, graphics,
and spreadsheet software
· Use of mainframe publishing packages
· Previous writing experience, either creative or technical