Re: Grammar Guides, Dictionaries, etc.

Subject: Re: Grammar Guides, Dictionaries, etc.
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:43:11 -0800

At 07:22 PM 2/17/98 -0500, Tracey Moore wrote:
>Anyone have any suggestions for grammar guides, thesauruses, and
>dictionaries for technical writers? I need to purchase either books or
>software for our company, so your input is greatly appreciated.

My short list includes:

Philip Rubens, ed., _Science and Technical Writing: a Manual of Style_. The
Swiss Army knife of technical writing.

Edward D. Johnson, _The Handbook of Good English_. The best grammar book I know.

Mary A. DeVries, _Internationally Yours: Writing and Communicating
Successfully in Today's Global Marketplace_. Excellent advice on writing for
an international audience.

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com