Re: Writing for on-line

Subject: Re: Writing for on-line
From: Larry Weber <larry_weber -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:02:50 PST

Something else to chew on:

How has the evolution of the computer interface changed the requirements
for online and hardcopy documentation?

For example, it was once practical to provide documentation explaining
what GUI toolbar button executed what function. Now, if documenting
Win95/NT4 applications, the developers can implement Tooltips to provide
users with this information (though we still get to explain the
function).

As computer interfaces evolve, we should be prepared to reassess our
approaches and goals for online and print documentation.

Larry Weber
larry_weber -at- hotmail -dot- com