Re: Dos and don'ts for R & D

Subject: Re: Dos and don'ts for R & D
From: John Gilger <bjgilger -at- CLASSIC -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 00:50:28 UT

Good Morning,

When the group I was working with a couple of years ago faced this problem,
our solution was to include a temporary section in the draft document titled
"Review Comments."

This section had several copies of a form we made that was designed for
reviewers to enter their name, organization, i.e., SME, H&S, Design
Engineering, etc., and any comments they had.

We enforced a policy that the tech writers would only consider comments
documented on these forms. Anything else was just idle conservation.

Another advantage was that in some cases the reviewers would actually read one
another's comments and identify conflicting issues.

John Gilger
Independent Wordsmith
Bjgilger -at- msn -dot- com
6363 Red Comet Ct.