Help Needed: Designing Trouble-Shooting Guides

Subject: Help Needed: Designing Trouble-Shooting Guides
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- FREEWAY -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 07:53:18 -0500

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know of a good information source on how to design
trouble-shooting guides (online or paper)? I've checked the techwr-l
archives and found a thread on how to hyphenate or not hyphenate
trouble-shooting. That was about it. I checked Amazon.com and couldn't
find any books with "trouble-shooting" as the subject.

I will appreciate any ideas or methods you can send my way. Has anyone
taken a distance learning class on the subject? I'm hoping to make it to
Anaheim in May where there is at least one session on the topic, but I'd
like to learn as much as I can before then.

Thank you for your help.

--
Tom Johnson
Technical Writer

business mailto:johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com
personal mailto:tjohnson -at- grandtraverse -dot- com
My opinions are still my own.