Re: Single sourcing Word and HTML

Subject: Re: Single sourcing Word and HTML
From: Diane Reichert <Diane -dot- Reichert -at- DIGITAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 08:49:57 -0500

I am using HTML Transit from INFOACCESS
http://www.infoaccess.com
You can take a word file and split it into any number of HTML documents
easily by telling Tranist to separate on "a style"

It is very powerful. The charts and spreadsheets covert much more
clearly than the WORD save as HTML.

TOC can be created
You can use Frames or not
There is also a more robust publishing package but I chose to use the
inexpensive (~$500) tool. I get compliments on their appearance.
You can customize very easily. We have had to follow corporate
standards, and were able to do so easily.

Download the trial and give it a try. V3 has taken me longer to get up
to speed but only because I have all of my old documents in V2 and there
was quite an improvement.

Unfortunately, I cannot point you to any of my documents yet today. Most
of my files are inside our firewall at www.workstation.digital.com.

I have no connection to the company. I do spend a fair amout of time
looking for the better way to do things.
/Diane Reichert
Just a litt'l ole contractor making a living.