Re: Description Needed

Subject: Re: Description Needed
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 12:51:34 -0600

On Monday, March 09, 1998 10:47 AM, Tabatha Helm
[SMTP:HelmT -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM] wrote:
> Can anyone supply me with a description of a technical writer,
including
> the basics? E-mail me off-line! Thanks.

"Description of a technical writer" is WAAAAAY too broad. What kind of
writer (software, hardware, medical, scientific, oil and gas, and on and
on)? Then what are "basics" (online, paper docs, engineering specs,
release notes, etc.)? Do you want a description for someone who works in
a one-writer startup or a large, structured environment with lots of
other writers (the descriptions would be very different)?

Next question, what do you want it for? Is it to use as a guideline in
your company, to put on a resume, to use when placing an employment ad,
etc.? The purpose makes a difference, too.

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer,
AnswerSoft, Inc. Richardson, TX
(972) 997-8355