product descriptions

Subject: product descriptions
From: Michal Lastman <michal-l -at- ORBOTECH -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 15:53:30 +0200

I've been asked to write a product description for a hardware/software
product. Other product descriptions our company has produced are about
10 to 20 pages and mainly consist of:

- a list of major features
- a system description
- a functional description
- a description of how you operate the system
- technical specs

The booklet will be geared to a potential customer who knows all about
the type of machine we produce and is looking for more detail than would
be provided in the brochure.

Since I've never written anything like this before, I'm interested in
having a look at the kind of documents other companies produce for this
purpose. Does anyone knows of where I can find examples of a good product
description on the web? I'm looking for something of a similar size to
what I'm going to have to produce? So far most of what I've seen are one
or two page data sheets. If anyone has a product description of a similar
magnitude they wouldn't mind sending me I'd be grateful.

Regards,

Michal Lastman
Technical Publications Department
Orbotech Ltd., POB 215, Yavne 81102, Israel
08-942 3731 (fax: 08-943 6848)
http://www.orbotech.com
mailto: michal-L -at- orbotech -dot- co -dot- il
personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/7271/