Annual Conference - please help (repost)

Subject: Annual Conference - please help (repost)
From: Michael Kauppi <mkauppi -at- USA -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 05:17:29 -0600

Due to problems people had replying to this post, originally
posted in February, I am reposting an updated version with a
new return address.
To those who contacted, or attempted to contact me, sorry for
any inconvienence.

My name is Michael Kauppi, I am on the board of the Tokyo Chapter
of the Society for Technical Communication (STC). Every year several STC members (this year six) from various organizations in Japan
attend the annual STC conference, which will be held May 17-21 in Anaheim this year.

After the close of the conference, the members visit two or three
companies in the surrounding area to see how technical communication is practiced there. They hope to compare documentation and
management practices with those in their own companies in Japan.

In the past, the members were usually given a tour of the company,
or at least the documentation department, and a presentation from
the hosting company. Then a Q&A period followed. All together,
the entire tour usually took about two to three hours.

If anybody in Anaheim, or anywhere in California, would be willing
to allow us to come and tour your facilities sometime between
May 22 and May 26, or if you have any questions, please let me know.

This is an excellent opportunity to show off your company, as the
members are from large corporations, including Hitachi,
NTT Learning Systems, Ricoh and Xerox-Japan.

Thank you.
Michael Kauppi
Technical Editor
Seishosha Co., Ltd.