Good database programs for documentation management?

Subject: Good database programs for documentation management?
From: Brian Lightfoot <blightfo -at- POSITRONFIBER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:24:32 -0500

Hi!

Does anyone have an opinion on a database program or language which
would be powerful/flexable enough to keep track of documentation
releases, product codes, etc, now and into the future?

I was just going to learn MS Access, but I don't know if it will still
be supported in ten years. I've already had experiences of database
design (DBASE for DOS, etc.), where I have had to rebuild the base when
no one supports the program or operating system and I'd like to avoid
going through it again.

Thanks...
Brian Lightfoot
Positron Fiber Systems.