Problems with Intradoc?

Subject: Problems with Intradoc?
From: David Harrison <david-x -dot- harrison -at- BAE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:19:57 +0000

Hello all...

Our department is looking at a suitable system for handling documents
for both internal and external distribution on the net. After
reasonably extensive research and having had a couple of on-site
demonstrations, we have almost settled for Intradoc as a system that
fits our needs.
Before making a final decision we are wondering how effective Intradoc
will be for security and usability, how good is their Technical
Support and basically what do users perceive as the Top 5 problems?
How do others find this product?

Please feel free to write directly to my home site and I'll publish a
summary on completion.

One final request is that by asking all the bad points, one can get a
very negative picture of what is probably a good product. So could
anyone replying with tales of problems also give some indication of
how happy they are with Intradoc or whether hindsight would sway them
to advise another product.

On the side, I have generally agreed with the opinion that on-line
material should be prepared in a different way to printed matter with
more chunking, concision and better access devices. Has anyone seen
that putting documents on-line has caused their department to rethink
how documents should be written and changed in-house style guides as a
direct result of this shift.

Thanks in advance

Dave Harrison
(david-x -dot- harrison -at- bae -dot- co -dot- uk)