Re: Summary: Chapter Numbering Problem

Subject: Re: Summary: Chapter Numbering Problem
From: David Girardot <dmgirard -at- CORNETLTD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:17:03 -0500

Saw your summary and wanted to mention another option. In your text: don't
use fixed numbers, use sequence fields. (You can do this in Word pretty
easily, I don't know about other programs.) For the chapter numbers, use a
field that refers to an external file. For my projects, I create a list of
chapter files, in order. Then I number them, bookmarking each number with
the chapter name. To reorder chapters, I just rearrange the list and change
the chapter number. Then I just update fields in the chapters and know that
everything is in sequence again.

-- David