Re: Pricing Translation Costs

Subject: Re: Pricing Translation Costs
From: Richard Frederick <fred_ri -at- ENG -dot- PRINTRONIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:04:40 -0800

Scott points out that a proofread is important in the translation process, as it is
in any writing process. The service we use does a proofread of the information and
they are not at all shy about asking questions and getting clarification.

We have a very high confidence level with our service and rely on the customer for
comments. We have not had a single customer comment since we started using the
service. The only comments we have ever gotten were from our foreign marketing
organization. Their comments were directed at changing the document, not the
translation of the document.

I would like to point out that the European Community and many other governing bodies
are becoming very involved in the translation requirements for their region of
responsibilities. Look forward to translation issues becoming more important on a
governmental basis as well as a business/marketing basis.

Richard

No matter how much you know, there is so much more to learn.