Document Grench

Subject: Document Grench
From: Lin Farley <Lin_Farley -at- AMAT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:22:31 -0800

I sympathize with this situation.
But I think going around/behind, or over the so-n-so is courting
disaster. The woman is the problem--for you. Talk to her honestly and
sincerely. If the idea of doing that seems preposterous, then take a close
look at your own attitudes and opinions about her and this situation.
When I have been willing (sometimes kicking and screaming ) to get
whatever I had in the way of dealing in a friendly manner with a fellow
worker, the most amazing things have happened. I mean amazing, But this
always required two absolutes: I was honest about how I felt towards
(fill-in-the-blank) and I was honest with (fill-in-the-blank).
When this is done without antagonism, without resentment,and without
fear, then 9 times out of 10, it will be resolved in a way that you can
live with.
In my own experience the hardest parts of this prescription were
dealing with my own feelings of RAGE (imagine that?) and being honest with
someone I believed was not disposed to be friendly.
I wish you well.

Lin