Re: WRITING SAMPLES

Subject: Re: WRITING SAMPLES
From: Jon Leer <jleer -at- LTC -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:55:37 -0500

As you say, writing samples will not show what you - the hiring manager -
need. The benefit of asking further questions, using short tests, and so
forth helps in the "weeding out" effort.

I doubt that any writer's portfolio could hold everything an interviewer
may want. However, it certainly adds further credibility to the writer's
comments during the interview process if a sample can be shown and
explained how its development is similar to what the interviewer is looking
for.

Jon