Re: Sacred overgeneralizations?

Subject: Re: Sacred overgeneralizations?
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:43:10 -0700

I agree with you in general, Bill, especially about the "who's easier to
teach" stuff. But let's not discount the value of personal opinions. If
you claim software X will run circles around software Y, then I will
weigh your opinion along with everyone else's and perhaps make a
decision based on those opinions. The usefulness of the list would
degrade if we weren't allowed to post opinions. Just because someone
doesn't preface his or her comments with "In my opinion" doesn't mean
that they believe (and expect you to believe) that they are stating
facts.

Bev Parks