Re: What Might a Writing Test Be?

Subject: Re: What Might a Writing Test Be?
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:48:07 -0800

At 08:08 AM 3/27/98 EST, Chris wrote:

>Excuse me, but a company that expects me to spend 5-6 hours on a writing
>test as part of the interview process loses my vote. If they can't judge my
>writing ability by looking at my samples and asking me about them (plus
>interviewing my references), I'm not sure I want to work for them.

Quite right, Chris. Here in Silicon Valley, where the market is very
competitive, nonsense like this will eliminate anyone who has any talent at all.

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com