Status Reports?

Subject: Status Reports?
From: Colleen Adams <PD33 -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:12:57 -0500

I'd like to solicit all Doc Manager/Supervisor's input who require their
employee's to complete weekly status reports and employees who are
required to submit these to their managers:

What is the format of your report? What type of information do you like
to see versus not see? Have you found this beneficial? How much time
do you spend on these each week? What do you ultimately do with
them?

Currently, I require my team members to submit weekly "Time Reports"
which document the amount of time spent on each project, broken down
by major function (e.g., project management, research, draft prep, online
help, etc). We then compile these reports monthly to get time stats on
each project; however, this doesn't really give me a "birds-eye" view of
how each project is going, on paper. (Of course, we have weekly
status meetings to discuss, but I'd like to have issues documented.) I
also don't want to bog my group down with a lot of unecessary
paperwork!

Any thoughts on your experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S., Thank you to those who responded to my post about the WP
conversion. I look forward to trying out these different methods!
(Robbie: I haven't forgotten about you!) If there is anyone else
interested in the responses I received, let me know and I'll post a
summary.

Colleen Adams
External Documentation Supervisor
Medi-Span, Inc.