Help Authoring Tools

Subject: Help Authoring Tools
From: "Marilyn Baldwin (mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com)" <Marilyn_Baldwin -at- CAPGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:20:05 -0800

Note to other TWs: If you reply to my request for help (below), you must
take care that my address really is input as

mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com

No other format (e.g., Marilyn_Baldwin -at- capgroup -dot- com) will get to me.
Thanks again!
=========================+

A question to my peers: what experiences (good and bad) can you
share/advice can you give about help authoring tools? We are looking at
Doc-to-Help, RoboHelp, and ForeHelp (with some slight leaning toward the
latter). We've read the research on ComputerSelect and elsewhere, but -
before we consider buying and training - it would be wonderful to hear your
"been there, done that" stories. You may answer on- or off-list. If
others think it's worthwhile, I'll publish a summary of your comments.
Thanks!

Marilyn Baldwin
mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com