Re[3]: Graphics for both PC and Mac

Subject: Re[3]: Graphics for both PC and Mac
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:49:03 -0600

From my experience, the Mac has no problems understanding PC
versions; and it displays them correctly.

Glad to hear it; just don't draw from that the conclusion that it's always
the case. I've run into the blank box phenomenon more times than I can
count, on *both* platforms. The application is the limiting factor, not the
platform.

The EPS preview is what it says, a preview.

Yes. I should have pointed out that the graphic will print fine from either
platform, it just doesn't always show up on the screen.

The GIF format is in its use limited because it is an indexed color
format.

True. It works well for objects with a low amount of colors, while (as you
noted) JPEG works well for objects with a high amount. This is why I
suggested them both. There's no single perfect tool.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224